Reasonable Accommodations: In accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, Zane State College makes reasonable accommodations available to qualified students. Reasonable accommodations provided at no charge to the student include but are not limited to:
- Note taker
- Extended time for test-taking
- Distraction reduced environment
We will also provide student advocacy concerning disability-related issues, and offer resources and referral information that connects you to community support and services.
Disabilities that qualify for service are extended but not limited to students with:
- Blind/Visual Impairment
- Deaf/Hearing Impairment
- Physical Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Psychological Disabilities
- Description of the nature and extend of your disability.
- Explanation of the functional impact of your disability, especially as it relates to an academic environment.
- Recommendations for reasonable accommodations.
Please contact the One Stop for Student Services at 740.588.5000 for further clarification of documentation guidelines.