What is Zoom?
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, collaboration, chat, and webinars across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. Zane State College students, faculty, staff and adjuncts have access to Zoom.
Can both employees and student utilize Zoom?
Yes, employees are encouraged to use Zoom for conference calls and virtual classrooms. Students may use zoom to collaborate with fellow classmates to complete assignments and projects. Please click the Zoom link located in the Quick Links section or visit ZaneState.Zoom.US.
When will the College stop using WebEx?
The WebEx contract ends on November 1, 2021.
When should I use Zoom and when should I use Microsoft Teams?
Both products offer video and audio conferencing, both products offer Outlook calendar usage, both products offer the ability to record your session. Please note Zoom has Blackboard integration for easy creation of classroom meetings and easy uploading of Zoom recorded videos to Blackboard.
Do I need to install Zoom on my work computer?
The ITS Department will install Zoom on all College owned equipment. Please note, College owned laptops will need to be brought back to Campus to receive the update.
How do I install Zoom on a Windows computer or laptop?
- You may install the Zoom software by clicking the Zoom invite located in your Zane State College email, or by clicking this link
- Click the Download button for Zoom Client for Meetings
- Click the Save File button when prompted at the ZoomInstaller window
- Click your Internet browser downloads button, then click the ZoomInstaller.exe option
- The Zoom install will start without additional prompts and will launch when ready
How do I install Zoom on a MAC computer or laptop?
Click here for Mac installation instructions
How do I login to the Zoom desktop software?
- Click the Sign In with SSO button
- Enter zanestate for the company domain
- Click the Continue button.
- You will be redirected to sign in with your Zane State College email address and password
- The Zoom software will start
Can I use Zoom on my smartphone?
Yes, there is a Zoom App for both Apple and Android smartphones as well as tablets. You may download the Zoom app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store by searching for "Zoom".
- After opening the Zoom app please tap the Sign In link
- Tap the SSO button
- Type in zanestate for the company name, then tap Go
- Use your Zane State College email address and password to authenticate
- If prompted to open Zoom in the App, tab Open
How do I install the Zoom plugin into the Outlook Client Application?
- Click here to go to the Zoom Download page: https://zoom.us/download.
- Under "Microsoft Outlook Add-in" please select "Download Zoom Plugin for Microsoft Outlook".
- Save and open/run the file when prompted.
- Complete the installation wizard.
- Upon restarting Outlook you will have the ability to schedule Zoom meetings from your calendar.
How do I use and login to the Outlook Client Application Zoom plugin?
Click here for instructions: How do I use and login to the Outlook Client Application Zoom plugin.pdf
What is a Zoom Breakout Room and how do I use it?
Video breakout rooms are most commonly used in education, training or workshop environments and are a great tool for any Zoom Meetings user that wishes to split their main meeting into sub-meetings for discussion, projects or activities. Click here for a video providing additional information about Zoom breakout rooms.
How do I secure my Zoom meeting with passwords and waiting rooms?
Starting on April 4, 2020, Zoom will use meeting passwords for all created meetings. This was done to reduce unwanted participants from joining meetings. All scheduled meetings and webinars, regardless of using Personal Meeting ID or a one-time meeting ID, will require a password by default. This password will be included in the invitation. If a participant manually enters the meeting/webinar ID, they will be prompted to enter the password. Zoom is also enabling the Waiting Room feature by default. Waiting Room allows the host to control when a participant joins the meeting. Click here for a video providing additional information on using waiting rooms.
Where can I find more information on using Zoom?
Click this link for the Zoom Help Center website.