Zane State College welcomes new students transferring from another college/university. Many students start somewhere else and then transfer to Zane State College to take advantage of our small class sizes, low tuition, or simply to be closer to home.

It is very important that you submit your official college transcript(s) (sealed, unopened) directly to the Registrar's Office as soon as possible to allow sufficient time to evaluate your transcripts. The mailing address to send official transcripts is: Zane State College, Registrar's Office, 1555 Newark Road, Zanesville, OH 43701.

Transcript Evaluation

Once your transcript(s) have been evaluated, you will receive a transfer credit award notification from the Registrar's Office. You will then be able to view credits awarded to you on your unofficial transcript under the Academics tab by logging in to My ZSC with your Zane State College username and password.

Once your transfer credits have been posted, please call Student Services at 740.588.5000 to schedule an appointment for registration.

Like all students, transfer student should check their student email and My ZSC regularly.

View Transferology to find course equivalencies and what courses you need for your intended program/major. Select "Quick Equivalencies" to see how specific courses will transfer. Create an account in Transferology  to see what courses you will need to complete your degree.

Transient students are currently working toward a degree at another college or university and would like to take courses at Zane State College and have the credits transferred back to their home institution. This status is ideal for students home for the summer who are looking to get ahead or catch up on the degree program at their home institution.

Be sure to contact the Financial Aid Office at your home institution for questions you may have about paying your tuition while you attend Zane State College. You may also want to consider self-pay options such as cash, check, or credit card.

Students interested in taking courses at Zane State College as a transient student should contact Admissions in Student Services.

How do I “go transient”?

A transient student wishing to take coursework at Zane State College must provide the following:

  1. Provide to the Admissions Office in Student Services the student authorization from your home institution. This is a formal approval to enroll in another college; it confirms that you are in good academic standing, have successfully completed any applicable prerequisites for the course(s) you wish to enroll, along with the name of the approved course(s) to be taken at Zane State College, and a verification that your home school accepts successfully completed course work.

The Admissions Office will contact students via the Zane State College issued email regarding the status of their request for transient student status.

After completing the semester/session, submit a transcript request form to transfer course(s) to your home college/university. Click here access Transcript Request and Ordering information.

Transient Restrictions

  • Transient registration does not imply acceptance to Zane State College as a degree-seeking student.
  • Financial aid is not available for transient students.
  • Transient students are subject to the same registration (add/drop/withdrawal), academic standing and payment policies that apply to degree-seeking students.

Full-time Zane State College students, in good academic standing, can cross-register for a course each semester on a no-tuition basis at Ohio University Zanesville and Muskingum University. This program is designed to enhance the educational programs of students. Cross Registration forms for Zane State College students can be obtained from the Registrar's Office. Zane State College students are subject to the host institution’s scheduling and enrollment policies. Please consult with the prospective host institution’s registrar’s office for information on their policies regarding cross registration.

Students cross registering at Zane State College from another institution are encouraged to review course listings ahead of time. Courses with available seats are open to cross registering students. Cross registration for students visiting Zane State College must be completed in person at the One Stop located in College Hall in Zanesville or Academic Services on the Cambridge Campus.

For additional information about Cross Registration please contact the Registrar's Office in Room 119 or by calling 740.588.1280 or by email at

A Non-degree seeking student at Zane State College must provide the following:

Non-degree students are interested in taking courses for professional development or for personal enjoyment. Non-degree status is ideal for students who are interested in taking courses at Zane State College but do not wish to complete a formal degree program.

Non-degree Restrictions

  • Financial aid is not available for non-degree seeking students.
  • International students on an F-1 visa are not eligible to be non-degree students.
  • Non-degree seeking students are subject to the same registration (add/drop/withdrawal), academic standing and payment policies that apply to degree-seeking students.