Getting Started 
Veterans Services in the Registrar's Office, located in College Hall, can assist you with applying for VA Education Benefits. You may apply for your GI Bill benefits at Expect 8-10 weeks to hear from the VA regarding your education benefits.

VA Benefits
Your VA benefits will vary based on the type of benefit, your contract, and the number of credit hours in which you have enrolled. Visit for current rates.

Amount of Financial Aid and Tuition
The amount of your VA benefits is based on the type of benefit for which you are eligible, the number of credit hours you schedule, and the current VA rates. If you need assistance paying your tuition, you should apply for financial aid by calling (740) 588-5000.

You may be eligible for additional grants, loans, scholarships, and employment programs (see a financial aid advisor or call (740) 588-5000). 

Veterans Benefits Eligibility (GI Bill)  
Students wanting to utilize veterans benefits need to contact the Veterans Services located in the Registrar’s Office, College Hall.

Veteran, Chapter 30
Benefits are available to veterans who first entered on active duty after June 30, 1985. Veterans must have participated in the Chapter 30 program when entering active duty. Discharge or release shown after June 30, 1985, must have been honorable. Maximum entitlement is 36 months.

Post-9/11, Chapter 33
Benefits are available to veterans who have at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. This benefit provides up to 36 months of education benefits.

Selected Reserve, Chapter 1606
The Montgomery GI Bill (Selected Reserve) is a program of education benefits for members of the reserve elements of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard, as well as the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. To be eligible for the program, a reservist must have a six-year obligation to serve in the Selected Reserve signed after June 30, 1985, complete initial active duty for training, and remain in good standing in a Selected Reserve unit.

Dependent, Chapter 35
Children, spouses, widows, and widowers of veterans who died in service or as a result of a service-connected disability, who became permanently and totally disabled as a result of a service-connected liability; who died while a disability so evaluated was in existence; or who have been listed as missing in action, captured, detained, or interned in line of duty for more than 90 days are eligible for educational assistance. Recipients are entitled to 45 months of educational assistance. Delimiting dates vary and questions concerning these should be referred to the Regional Office.

Vocational Rehabilitation
If you are a veteran who served in the armed forces during World War II or thereafter, you are eligible for vocational rehabilitation if all three of the following conditions are met: 

  • you suffered a service-connected disability in active service which entitles you to compensation, or would do so but for receipt of retirement pay;
  • you were discharged or released under other than dishonorable conditions;
  • and the VA determines that you need vocational rehabilitation to overcome the handicap of your disabilities.

Generally, a veteran is eligible for vocational rehabilitation for nine years following discharge or release.