By selecting one of the following terms listed below, you are signing the document electronically:
You agree your electronic signature is the legal equivalent of your manual or handwritten signature on the document. By selecting "I Accept" using any device, means or action, you consent to the legally binding terms and conditions of the document. You further agree that your signature on the document is as valid as if you signed the document in writing. You also agree that no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate your signature, and that the lack of such certification or third party verification will not in any way affect the enforceability of your signature or any resulting agreement between you and the College. You are also confirming that you are the student or employee authorized to enter into the agreement as described by the document. You furthermore agree that each use of your Zane State College email equates to your signature and constitutes your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of these Disclosures and Agreement as they exist on the date of your signature on the document.
Consent to Electronic Delivery
By selecting "I accept", you specifically agree to receive, obtain, and/or submit any and all Zane State College documents and information electronically. These documents and information will be collectively known as "Electronic Communications," and will include, but not be limited to, any and all current and future required notices and/or disclosures concerning Federal Title IV, State, Ohio Association of Community Colleges and/or institutional financial aid, as well as such documents, statements, data, records and other communications regarding your Financial Aid Award. You are acknowledging that you are able to use the College's email and are able to retain Electronic Communications by printing and/or downloading and saving this Agreement and any other agreements, Electronic Communications, documents, or records that are signed using your signature. You accept Electronic Communications provided via email as reasonable and proper notice for the purpose of fulfilling any and all rules and regulations, and agree that such Electronic Communications fully satisfy any requirement that communications be provided to you in writing or in a form that you may keep.
Paper version of Electronic Communications
You acknowledge and agree that you may request a paper version of the document by printing or saving a copy, or by contacting the department who owns the specific document.
Revocation of electronic delivery
You have the right to withdraw your consent to submit communications via the College's email at any time. You acknowledge that you are aware this action may delay the process of reviewing your document. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you will contact the One Stop for Student Services at 740.588.5000.
Valid email address and use of the Zane State College email system
Your current valid ZaneState.edu email address is required for you to receive communication from Zane State College. It is your responsibility to check your Zane State College email regularly for Electronic Communications and College document updates. You will be deemed to have received an electronic communication from the College when the communication is sent to you.
Hardware, software and operating system
You are responsible for installation, maintenance, and operation of your computer, browser and software. The College is not responsible for errors or failures due to any malfunction of your computer, browser or software. The College is also not responsible for computer viruses or related problems associated with use of an online system. Your signature indicates that you have access to the Internet, a Zane State College email account capable of receiving communication from the College, and Adobe Reader. You must also have the necessary minimum hardware, software, and operating systems, as well as access to one of the following web browsers capable of supporting 128-bit, SSL encrypted communications. Currently these include1:
- Internet Explorer version 7.0, or higher
- Firefox version 3.0, or higher
- Chrome 14.0, or higher
- Safari 5.0, or higher
- "Electronic" means technology having electrical, digital, magnetic, wireless, optical, electromagnetic, or similar capabilities.
- "Electronic Record" means a record created, generated, sent, communicated, received, or stored by electronic means.
- "Electronic Signature" means an electronic symbol or process attached to, or logically associated with, a record and used by a person with the intent to sign the record.
- "Record" means information that is inscribed on a tangible medium or that is stored in an electronic or other medium and is retrievable in perceivable form.
- "Student File" means the paper and/or electronic record pertaining to the student, including but not limited to the verification worksheet and all documents used to determine the student’s eligibility for financial aid.
- "System" means a data processing or student information system used to create, store, sign, retrieve and/or manage the documents or records that constitute the student file.
- "System Rules" mean rules that apply to all participants using a particular system. For example, such rules might cover issues relating to access rights, distribution of system risk, sending and receiving electronic documents, intellectual property rights, and remedies for breach of system rules.
Violations include, but are not limited to:
- It is a violation of this provision for an individual to sign/e-sign a College transaction on behalf of another individual, unless he or she has been granted specific, written and legal authority to do so by that individual or by a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Individuals shall report any suspected fraudulent activities related to electronic signatures immediately to the Zane State College One Stop for Student Services at 740.588.5000.
- Students and/or parents who falsify electronic signatures or otherwise violate this regulation are subject to disciplinary action under the Student Code of Conduct and criminal prosecution under applicable Federal Title IV and State laws.
Effect of electronically signing the document
Students and their parents/legal guardians are urged to carefully read the terms and conditions of the document. Please keep all records relating to the document and print or make an electronic copy of the Terms and Conditions. You certify that all statements on the document are correct and understand that you may be required to provide documentation at some future date to substantiate your claim and that any misrepresentation of this data may result in the cancellation of your enrollment or registration status and is considered a breach of academic honesty. You acknowledge that inserting your secured personal information represents your signature and that any activity that you conduct through this web site after inserting your personal information indicates your agreement to authorize the College to apply financial aid awarded first to your current semester tuition fees, textbook and supply charges, and then to any other financial obligation due to the College. You will be responsible to pay all fees, interest and expenses incurred. Delinquent accounts will be forwarded to the Ohio State Attorney General for actions as required by the Ohio Revised Code. You agree to abide by all college policies and procedures.
I understand and agree to each and all of the Terms and Conditions in this Zane State College Consent for Use of Electronic Signature Agreement. My electronic signature is legally binding. Please check the appropriate radio button and provide your signature.