How do I login to Email?
Users can access their email in multiple ways:
- Email can be accessed through a web browser, on either mobile or desktop, by following the link Office.com.
- On mobile devices, Zane State College email accounts can be added to the built-in mail app, or utilized through the free Outlook app (read below for further instruction).
- A shortcut is listed in the Quick Links area for 'Email' on My ZSC. On a desktop computer this is on the left hand menu. To see this on a mobile device, click the right-pointing arrow in the bottom-left corner, and select 'Quick Links' from the fly-out menu.
How do I install my free Microsoft Office 365 Applications on a Microsoft Windows computer?
- Please remove all old versions of Microsoft Office from the computer
- Right click the Windows Start button
- Click Control Panel from the quick launch menu
- Click the Uninstall a program link under the Programs section
- Allow the list of application programs to build and click the Microsoft Office 20xx option from the list
- Click the Uninstall button located just above the application programs list
- Follow the prompts to uninstall your old Microsoft Office. Please note you will need to close any open Microsoft Office applications before uninstalling the software
- Open an Internet browser and type in this address Office.com/GetOffice365
- On the Microsoft webpage, click into the Enter your school email address text box. Then type in your Zane State College email address
- Click the Get Started button
- Click the I’m a student link
- Click the Sign in link
- You will transfer to a Zane State College login page. In the Username text box type in your Zane State College email address
- In the Password text box type in your Zane State College password
- Click the Sign in button
- If you are already signed up, you will click the OK, got it link
- At the Microsoft Office 365 webpage, in the upper right corner click the Install Office button
- Follow the on screen steps provided by Microsoft to complete your Office 365 installation. Please note the install process will have you download the Microsoft Office application, so please use a Wi-Fi connection if possible.
What is the Microsoft Office 365 benefit?
Students of Zane State College may download the Microsoft Office 365 Professional application for free on up to five different devices while enrolled at the College. Zane State College employees receive the same benefit. The free Microsoft Office 365 Suite includes: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Skype and OneDrive applications.
How much Microsoft OneDrive storage do I get?
Students get 1 TB of storage through OneDrive for Business to ensure access to all of your documents whenever you need them. If you are using a computer that doesn’t have Microsoft Office installed, you can edit or review those documents using your Microsoft Online portal using Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari. Please follow the How do I login to Email, or How to I access the Microsoft OneDrive Storage instructions for access.
What happens to my account when I leave Zane State College?
When you leave Zane State College, your Microsoft Office 365 subscription ends one year after graduation, or one year after last attendance date for students. You may enroll into other consumer or commercial offers available. You should make sure to transfer all your files from your Zane State College OneDrive to another means of storage prior to this time.
What Internet browsers can I use to access Email?
It is recommended you use Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
How do I use the Microsoft OneDrive App for my device?
The OneDrive app can be found by searching the words "Microsoft OneDrive" in the Apple App Store or Android Play Store. The app is a free download for tablets and smart phones.
Once the app is downloaded to your device, please launch the app and follow the instructions to use the Microsoft OneDrive service.
- Tab the Email or phone link
- Type in your Zane State College email address
- Tab the Go button
- Tap the Sign in to OneDrive for Business button
- At the Zane State College login page, if needed tap into the Username text box and type in your email address
- Tap into the Password text box and type in your Zane State College password
- You now have mobile access to your Microsoft OneDrive documents
How do I access email from my mobile device?
The Outlook app can be found by searching the words "Microsoft Outlook" in the Apple App Store or Android Play Store. The app is a free download for tablets and smart phones.
Once the app is downloaded to your device, please launch the app and follow the instructions to use the Microsoft Outlook email service.
- At the Add Account screen, type in your Zane State College email address
- Tap the Add Account button
- At the Please Authenticate screen, tap Open Authenticator
- You will navigate to the Zane State College authentication screen. Make sure your Zane State College email address is in the Username box
- Tap into the Password box and type in your Zane State College password
- Tap the Sign in button
- At the Add Another Account screen, tap the Maybe Later button (unless you want to add another email account)
- The Outlook app will load on your device. At the Enable Notifications popup, choose if you would like to receive notifications when you get email
- Your Zane State College email should now download to your Outlook app.
How do I remove Windows S mode from my device?
- On your computer click the Windows button and then click the "Settings" button
- At the Windows Settings window click "Update & Security"
- At the Windows Update window click "Activation"
- In the Switch to Windows 10 Home section of the Activation window, click "Go to the Store"
- On the Switch out of S mode page that appears in the Microsoft Store, click the "Get" button
- Then click the "Install" button
- The install will ask you: "Have you saved all your files?"; click "Yes, let's go"
- The computer is now no longer running in Secure "S" mode. You may close all setting windows and install applications
Click here for detailed instructions: Removing Windows S Mode.pdf