What if you could go to one office and get everything you need?
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is your on-campus toolbox: you need it, we have it—or we can point you in the right direction. We know college can be confusing, but TRIO SSS is there every step of the way, from the first semester until graduation. All this, for free.
Check out some of the great services available to TRIO SSS participants:
- Advising – We’re dedicated to giving you the best advice about which courses to take and when, in conjunction with your program advisor. We’ll also help you get registered for courses.
- Tutoring – We provide one-on-one professional tutoring in math and writing, plus access to live online tutoring that’s available 24/7, so you can get the help you need, when you need it.
- Finances – Money. We get it. From walking you through financial aid forms to helping you hunt down scholarships and level up your personal financial game, TRIO SSS helps you make sense of those dollars.
- Fee Waivers – TRIO SSS participants are eligible for waivers of the credit-by-exam fee, transcript request fee, and prior-learning portfolio review fee.
- Free Printing – Print for free in the Academic Resource Center, part of the office suite available exclusively to TRIO SSS participants.
- Safe Space – TRIO SSS is your safe space on campus to hang out, study, and socialize. Grab a snack, use the microwave or fridge, or play a game. If you want to talk, we’re here to listen. And we’ll know your name. After all, you belong here.
- Events – We go places. Near and far, you’ll have opportunities to learn more, experience more, and become more. From Broadway shows to safaris, banking workshops to chess matches, TRIO SSS can expand your horizons.
- Career Prep – Let our Virtual Job Shadow platform give you the low-down on careers you didn’t even know existed. We’ll happily help you spruce up your resume and craft cover letters as you tackle the job search. It’s also important to us that you are headed toward a career that’s in demand, so we’ll talk about your options.
- Next Steps – You’ll graduate. And then what? Whether you’re looking to get a job or get a bachelor’s degree, we’ll help you figure out what questions to ask, where to look, and what to do next.
That’s a lot—but we might have a few more tricks up our sleeve, like calculators, laptops, and textbooks you can access, a fish tank, and Jake the mannequin. We maybe have a skeleton in a trunk. You know, for science.
Of course, we can’t do everything. Fortunately, we know Zane State like the back of our hand, so start with us, and we’ll get you where you need to go.