Skip To Content

Welcome to the Registrar's Office

Located in College Hall - Room 119     



Theresa Kolk-Conner

Assistant Dean for Curriculum/Registrar

Phone 740.588.1360


Heather Rognon

Assistant Registrar

Phone 740.588.1301


Gretchen Newsom

Registrar Services Specialist

Phone 740.588.1344


Veteran's Benefits

Veteran, Chapter 30 

Benefits are available to veterans who first entered on active duty after June 30, 1985. Veteran must have participated in the Chapter 30 program when entering active duty. Discharge or release shown after June 30, 1985, must have been honorable. Maximum entitlement is 36 months.

Post-9/11 GI Bill, Chapter 33
You may be eligible if you served at least 90 aggregate days on active duty* after September 10, 2001, or were honorably discharged from active duty for a service-connected disability after serving 30 continuous days following September 10, 2001.


Selected Reserve, Chapter 1606

The Montgomery GI Bill (Selected Reserve) is a program of education benefits for members of the reserve elements of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, as well as the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. To be eligible for the program, a reservist must have a six-year obligation to serve in the Selected Reserve signed after June 30, 1985, complete initial active duty for training, and remain in good standing in a Selected Reserve unit.


Dependent, Chapter 35

Children, spouses, widows, and widowers of veterans who died in service or as a result of a service-connected disability, who became permanently and totally disabled as a result of a service-connected liability; who died while a disability so evaluated was in existence; or who have been listed as missing in action, captured, detained, or interned in line of duty for more than 90 days are eligible for educational assistance. Recipients are entitled to 45 months of educational assistance. Delimiting dates vary and questions concerning them should be referred to the Regional Office.


Vocational Rehabilitation, Chapter 31 

Veterans who served in the armed forces during World War II or thereafter are eligible for vocational rehabilitation if all three of the following conditions are met:

  • They suffered a service-connected disability in active service which entitles them to compensation, or would do so but for receipt of retirement pay;
  • They were discharged or released under other than dishonorable conditions; and the VA determines that they need vocational rehabilitation to overcome the
  • Handicap of their disabilities. Generally, a veteran is eligible for vocational rehabilitation for nine years following discharge or release.

Veterans' Responsibility

Veterans who change their status by adding or dropping credits or ceasing attendance must notify the Veteran’s Officer at once in order that veteran’s benefits may be adjusted within 30 days of the change.


Scheduling Priority for Veteran/Military Service Students

HB 488 of 2014 requires that Ohio public institutions of higher education provide veteran students with preference in scheduling courses.

Per HB 488, Zane State College offers priority registration and scheduling preference to veterans, current members of the military, and dependents who are using education benefits through the Department of Veteran Affairs.     

Course schedule preference means that veterans and dependent students who are admitted to all courses for credit offered at Zane State College are able to start registering for courses sooner than students with the same class standing.  Zane State College’s goal is to ensure that veterans and military service students are moving through their academic programs in alignment with the time limits on their benefits and to recognize their service.


For Assistance with Veteran's Affairs

Academic Standards

Course credit levels for probation and dismissal are based on cumulative grade point average.




 0 - 11



12 - 23



24 - 35



36 - 47



48 - 59



60 - 72



73 + 1.9


Academic Probation
Students on academic probation may carry a maximum load of 16 course credits during their next semester. If the student remains on probation for a second consecutive semester, he/she may take a maximum of 12 course credits of work. 

Academic Dismissal
Students dismissed for lack of academic achievement may not enroll for a minimum of one academic semester before consideration will be given for a readmission review.  

Semester deadlines have been established one month prior to the end of each semester for those students wishing to be considered for a readmission review. Students who desire a readmission review must contact the Admissions Office in writing prior to the established deadlines in the official College calendar .


Change of Program


Students who petition to transfer from one program to another should adhere to the following guidelines: 

1.   Students on academic probation will not automatically be approved for transfer to another program. Stipulations for continuing enrollment may be set by the appropriate Division Dean as a condition for approving a program.


2.    A Change of Program form shall be signed by the student. 


3.    In determining the new grade point average, all grades will apply regardless of whether or not they are pertinent to the new program.


Students on academic probation after transferring to a new program shall remain on probation until their cumulative grade-point average is raised above the probation level. Contact the Registrar's Office for information and forms.

Click here to be directed to the online form. 


Registrar's Office Forms
Audit Course Petition (.pdf, 104K)
Change of Personal Information (.pdf, 77K)

Use this form to report a Change of Address and/or a Name Change.

This form has fillable fields; please download first.

Fresh Start Policy & Application (.pdf, 101K)
Life Experience/Non-Traditional Credit (.pdf, 459K)
OUZ Cross Registration Form (.pdf, 75K)

Use this form if you are a Zane State College student who would like to take a free course at OUZ

Replacement Diploma Request (.pdf, 77K)
The cost of the replacement diploma is $30
Transfer Credit Re-evaluation form (.pdf, 175K)

This form has fillable fields; please download first.

Transient Student Application (.pdf, 125K)

Use this form if you are a Zane State College student wishing to take a course at another college. Complete this form and bring to the Registrar's Office for certification.

This form has fillable fields; please download first.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.